Tapper, J. (2009, August). Evaluating Teacher Perceptions of the SimCalc Connected MathWorlds Intervention (Report). Hadley, MA: UMass Donahue Institute.
John Tapper UMass Donahue Institute
This report by the UMass Donahue Institute, Research & Evaluation Group is the first of two studies that utilize teacher interview data to explore perceptions of the SimCalc intervention described in the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) grant Democratizing Access to Core Mathematics Across Grades 9-12. This first report focuses on analysis of teacher interviews from an evaluative point of view. It examines progress on five important dimensions of the intervention that were identified before data were gathered:
- Perceived effect on teaching
- Perceived effect on student learning
- Impact and success of the intervention curricula
- Influence of SimCalc Connected Mathworlds on student engagement and communication
- Use of technology for enhancing the learning environment
Download this report.